torsdag den 1. september 2011

For life

I’ve been searching my soul for words,
But my soul is an ocean,
And I’ve been drifting on icy waves for years,
Spun around in slow motion.
I’ve been thrown against rocks for ages,
Whilst my spirit seemed shattered across the ocean floor,
I’ve been waltzing back and forth over and over,
Till I couldn’t feel my legs anymore.
No need to see the sun,
My life had just begun,
I don’t owe nothing to anyone,
They’re all landslides of suffocation.

Till I met that beaming light,
Beneath the pressure of our silent heartaches,
Withdrew all the jalousie among us,
I tried to finally participate;
I lived for awhile never the less,
I promised to stay occupied,
I promised myself to do my best,
And here I stand yet again with a beating chest.
Yet they judge me, for I have been dead,
They don’t believe, they’re convinced I’m in over my head,
And whilst I taste the sky,
The last part of the old me, die.

She is nothing like me,
She is whom I thought I would never be.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar