torsdag den 1. september 2011

22:15

I’ve been away for hours,
Upon a tree millions of miles away,
Buried in clouds far up high,
I’ve been gone for three hours and a day.
I’ve heard them call my name,
Recognized them raising their voices,
But I’m held captive in the distance,
I’d like to come home, but I have no other choices.
I don’t know what love is,
I’ve only seen it fall apart,
Love has become a subject of pain,
And love is the cause of lonely hearts.
I wish I believed that I could aim higher,
Reach for the sun further up,
But I’m stuck beneath the surface,
Even though I try aiming for the top.
Alone behind my eyelids,
Nothing comes past,
Not their voices, touch, nor teardrops,
Because none of those ever seem to last.
They look past our nightmares,
While I am silently sinking in,
Never to forget our history,
Never to let myself begin;
My life as it was meant to be,
I am a lonely heart by choice,
I don’t bother giving into their madness,
Nor do I just let by any mans voice.
Still I love the way my pillow feels,
Caressing my face while I dream,
While I’m far away, yet conscious,
Here it’s mellow, while out there nothing is what it seems,
While out there they step all over me,
As they don’t give a fuck,
I’ve met the world in nine hundred people,
And I feel like I’m running out of luck,
They’re all the same,
So I’d rather just stay pleasant, right here,
In a world of nothingness, powdered with chaos,
Not knowing the word “fear”,
Don’t blame me for my weakness,
I know where I got it from,
I know who I am inside the walls,
And I know just where I belong,
I am a girl of one too many hopes,
Yet, they should give me some more,
To raise my morals while living,
Can I make it, I’m not sure,
Don’t disturb my visions,
Don’t tell me future is key,
I might die before I awake,
But I’m not ready,
I can’t die before I accept all of my mistakes.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar