onsdag den 2. maj 2012

When it rains around here


When it rains around here
it pours
concerned about the drops falling
blindly picking out each precious moments flaws.
I grow so relentless in these shoes
twisting and turning for the clocks to stop
time is deadly
trying to fight it, is tough.

Sometimes I find myself reminiscing
the past seems so gloomy
can I fight the resistance come future?
It’s so hard to stand on two feet when it’s this stormy.
When it’s still, I sometimes hear the drums
might just be my heart beating
I find it hard to focus though
because whilst I listen, the beats dropping are competing.

When it’s silent, I wither
when it’s too silent, I’m blue
I could be bursting in this very moment
with all the things I wish I never even knew.
I was never that fond of surprises.
Surprises are bullets in disguise
the outcome goes one way or another
either you laugh or you cry.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar