onsdag den 2. maj 2012

When night falls upon earth


When night falls upon earth, light as snow
and the trees twist in agony behind the fences
the darkness suffocates all but the street lights will to glow
whilst ripping open all dried up wounds upon the broken branches.
I heard the shadows whisper my name
whilst running a shortcut to the warmth of home
short of breath with a heavy chest
I hear nothing but the spirits moan.

Whilst streetlights are dancing in the dark
helpless bodies float along the pavement
forming lines behind me as I waltz in the night
it is not a cry for help, it is a statement.
There is a river running
forcing its way down a cheek so pale
river flows in me
don’t pity me, it is a story I have to tell.

I will leave the blue alone
there is a heavenly starlit sky to see
I will smile again eventually
once I learn how to let go of my melancholy.
I may speak a bit too fast
contemplating heaving every word out before it’s too late
I fear drowning in your bloodshed eyes
they’re so filled with hate.

Love is cruel
but when I make my way down the street
and I feel the air in my hair
I couldn’t be tangled up within your sheets.
This is such a deluded web of lies
strewn all over and it keeps me high
I’d rather never give in
then let it go, let you kill me, die.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar