torsdag den 27. december 2012

Ghosts


The air that I breathe is frozen
it shapes like faces with every breath
a game of hide and seek with shadows
a peek out the window reveals a cruel death.
Cluttering fingers caress my throat
as my footprints blends with snow
under my feet forms a temporary stamp
here, dancing under the streetlights glow.

I hear her moan in the darkness
someone is crying by the curb
I hear stilettos stomp behind me
but they don’t belong to the voice I first heard.
I bleed with her in silence
reach out for her smile
but I pull my fingers through a foggy cloud
in front of me standing a blue eyed transparent child.

Colors and glistening lights
a lonesome echo; nothing
alone in the snow forever
I need to fall for something.
She fades before me
a blurry cloud
I cover my ears
but she screams so loud.

Found my way to a bar
found my way home
quench my thirst in cocktails
anything to not feel so alone.
Fell asleep to die
slip away in smoke
first love left me by the staircase
I remember every word he spoke.

Lonely ghost – turn away, go home
let me wither in alcohol
throw up my guts and laugh out loud
I used to live in a fishbowl.
Let the music set me free
let my shoes take the lead
high
I challenge life to sweep me off of my feet.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar