søndag den 26. maj 2013

Do you know how to love, part II


When everyone is asleep
and this town is so horribly silent
I lay awake
and inhale the depths of me.
I long to slip away
and color my eyelids,
bright as a newlyweds eyes
black as the fingers of night.
In the midst
of everything I yearn for
there is a darker voice
within the void of my havens.

I can’t tighten my fingers around the bricks
I need to pull from the walls surrounding
for my bones have fractured
due to massive forces.
As much as I long to disappear
as much as I need not be found here
the traces are showing fast
since my feet has been dragging heavily.

The weight is my heart
the heaviest of all
the gravity within a dream
mentions all but blood
and everything but my heart seems drained.

Dreams may mend the soul
but never set me free
moments to take me away
carelessly.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar