søndag den 12. juni 2011

Blunt poetry

The sky is grey and the rain is pouring down,
Tapping on my window, dozing people off in this sleepy town,
I’ll light another cigarette, open another beer,
Let my tears flow and remind myself why you’re not here;
Write a silly poem, try to collect my thoughts,
Dare myself to consider my madness, try to collect the dots.

I’ve been analyzing they’re faces,
Been closing my eyes, to see different places,
Been writing down everything I see,
While people notice nothing, while people don’t see me,
I’ve been hiding behind the glass, shielding myself from the fire,
They run like mad, say they’re keeping focus, but he & she is a liar.

Fucking prince of disbelief, are you high?
Will you be laughing at your mirror, till the day you die?
You’re a fraction of the puzzle and still you purr like a satisfied cat,
But you can’t even move, cause you’re thighs are too fat,
It’s only a matter of convincing them, you say,
But I’d rather be a bitch, then join the bed where you lay.

As the rain threatens to break my window,
The wind takes it’s pace, it’s letting me know;
That no matter how hard I try to rewind,
Life is never going to give me what’s rightfully mine,
Blame it on my fading smile,
But I’ll be living my life, make it worth the while.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar