torsdag den 27. oktober 2011

You

You’re my night upon day
and with a stroke on my hair
you leave me careless
with a wish not to exist;
a single teardrop making its way
down a cheek so pale
ask me if I’m okay
I’ll go out, but I won’t notice light of day.

You have stripped me down completely
placed your mark upon my skin
I blame you for nothing
I, simply just can’t win;
your scent is still on my bed
this is where I lay my head to sleep
I’d like to dream sweet, but sadly
sweet dreams is a promise you failed to keep.

I never knew it would get this hard
from light spreads darkness
and across my face a silent shout
you brought me emptiness, you brought me doubt;
I fail but I try
to erase my memory
I fail because I cry when I try;
to face this ridiculously sad fucking melody;
it’s a cloud blinding my mind
a shadow degrading my pride
I guess we’re nothing
difficult, because we’re black and white.
The pain is a minor threat
the wondering is what kills me
I picture you laughing your ass off
because of the hurt that you have caused me;
I bite my lip and cuss you out
I’ve tried sleeping, but it only helps to scream and shout
darling could you help me please?
and kiss me numb, make me at ease;
Tell me I’m naïve
but that you really did care
that we lost the battle
but that you’ll still be there.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar