torsdag den 27. oktober 2011

My Understandings

I wrote one single song,
I swore to never sing it,
brought you memories through it's rythm,
but it had no emotions in it.
I blame you for my weaknesses,
when I have no place to put my guilt,
desire what's yours for ones,
help me tear down the walls I've built.

What a silly selection of teardrops,
wandering their way down pale cheeks,
while I walk past you, nothingness,
it's your footsteps I seem to keep;
referring to when I dance amongst shadows,
and I long for you to look upon me,
when I hide in the meadows.

You lean, you collapse,
restraining your trust within my flaws,
and I'm sore but I keep going,
following the most simple of laws.
Seems I've got lava underneath my feet,
melting me faster by the second,
and I yearn for you to notice,
the icy step I somehow always slip on.

What fly high must come down,
I wish to stay in the tree tops,
looking for rain,
drinking tear drops.
But I've got a mire to detect,
I've got pieces of broken hearts to find,
could I only go back in time,
could I only rewind.

A mind of despair,
yet I trust my instincts,
you promise me your love,
you leave me with a diamond ring.
It was never enough.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar