mandag den 22. august 2011

Flushing against time

I miss the waves during summer,
The sounds of a bubbly swirl,
Silent, yet so violently pushing,
I miss the way the sea weeds twirl;
Around my ankles to pull me near,
I used to never be afraid,
Betrayed by my own heart,
Which by now is a different shade;
Of red,
More like blue,
Beating slower by the second,
I wish I knew;
How to turn it back on and how to live,
Because in a world of black and white,
I moan for patience,
I moan while trying to embrace a starlit night.

I miss twirling my hair around my finger,
While silently fading off into a world of dreams,
I’ll land beside you,
Whoever you are, whatever it means,
I want to dance,
I want to take my chances,
Blind, I’m conquered,
I wasted so many clear night dances.
While they’re all waiting near by,
Drying their eyes in their aprons of pastels,
I’m alone and impatient,
And upon stories, ghosts of the past dwells.

I miss seeing the world through the eyes;
Of a child, innocent and sweet,
Colorful and bright,
But life tends to knock my off of my feet;
And leave me in the gutter,
To wither and to die,
And while I listen to people calling,
My heart gets cold, and I’ll lie;
And say I’m fine,
But when I look back I want to rewind,
Because when I say I don’t remember,
It’s because I’ve been blind.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar