torsdag den 17. februar 2011

Like cars collide

I don’t feel the waves of the ocean,
The water that I’m in seems fragile and cold,
Gently swaying and silently praying to love, “let me go“,
You’re a blister in my mouth and your pain is all I know.

I can feel the drops of shame on my skin,
And I can see the air changing around me,
How my blue sky turns to black,
Reminds me of the empathy I lack.

Though I’m hard as stone,
I still press your letters to my lips,
Dance to the sounds of affection,
Forget the hurt of your silent rejection.

I would find a away without you,
Push my way out of the state that I’m in,
Put the dress back together that you tore apart,
And in time mend the pieces of my infected heart.

I don’t feel the waves of the ocean,
But the water that I’m in tears me to shreds,
I can only listen to the waves crash onto hollow ground,
It’s loud, but it’s an amazing sound.

We’ll collide eventually,
Until then I’ll be laying here,
Watching the world go by,
And I’ll be wondering why.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar