mandag den 28. februar 2011

Listen to the ocean

I don’t hear the sound of the ocean,
I can’t see the wind in the trees,
Let the flowers sway, as I crawl into a distance,
Watching the world go by so imperfectly.

It’s a pain in my stomach,
It’s an itch on my wrists,
Pushing me into nothingness,
I can’t resist my need to please.

Wont you look up?
Wont you rise with the sunset?
Chase the light in life like you’re supposed to,
Leave your plagues and guilt in the mist.

Why wont you listen to the ocean?
Why wont you watch the wind in the trees?
Why wont you listen to me trying,
Realize that my own guilt is changing me.

They would miss you,
They would remember your pictures,

If we chase the flawless,
They’ll forget why they ever loved you.

Wont you stop the fire?
Wont you stop the fire please?
You can’t say the words,
Still my love is a sacrifice you can’t make.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar